Date: October 5-17, 2020
Spiritual Directors: Very Rev. Rodney Bourg, V.F., and Rev. Msgr. Frank Giroir
Join us for a journey of a lifetime on a pilgrimage to the Holy Land. The Scriptures will come alive as you visit Our Lord’s homeland. It is an encounter that has changed the lives of many pilgrims, and it is an act of faith and prayer. Then travel to Rome and Vatican City to explore the history of the Catholic Church.
If you are not a member of these parishes, please check back soon for Open Registration or browse through some of our other journeys.Ask a Question
In His Footsteps
With a spiritual director to lead daily Mass and prayers, each day of your pilgrimage you will have time to renew and affirm your faith, to pray and reflect.
• At the Mount of Beatitudes, site of the Sermon of the Mount, pilgrims celebrate Mass in the garden overlooking the Sea of Galilee. Pilgrims renew their Baptismal promises at the Jordan River.
• At Mt. Tabor and the Church of Transfiguration, pilgrims feel the presence of God at the site of the Transfiguration, the last time Jesus was in the area of Galilee.
• At the Church of the Visitation, where Mary and Elizabeth met while both pregnant, pilgrims hear the Magnificat in multiple languages.
• Pilgrims take a “floating experience” at the Dead Sea.
Adapted from experiences by Luis A. Meza, M.D.
Carmelite Monastery, Lafayette La.
Toll free: 877.454.7469
Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
St. Anslem Church- Weseman Center
306 St Mary St.
Madisonville, LA 70447
Join us to learn about the pilgrimage and take advantage of special discounts!RSVP for the Orientation Meeting
• Church of the Primacy of St. Peter
• Mount of the Beatitudes
– St. Joseph’s Church/ Home of the Holy Family
– Grotto of the Annunciation
• Mount Tabor
• Caesarea Philippi
• The Sea of Galilee (boat ride)
• Tabgha – site of the Miracle of Multiplication
• Church of the Nativity
• Dead Sea Scrolls
Rome & Vatican City
• Basilica of St. Peter
• Archbasilica of St. John Lateran
• Scala Sancta- Holy Stairs
• Basilica of St. Paul Outside the Walls
• Basilica of St. Mary Major
• Trevi Fountain
• Piazza Navona
• Villa d’Este, Tivoli
*Based on availability